Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

Toyota Is Building More GR Corollas to Meet Demand

Reactions
City
College Park
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla Core
40a086df2d3396268b62111843c5aa2a.jpg e22ae8a0a514db14cbbe5bc86ab06829.jpg
The Toyota GR Corolla made a splash in the market with its "one too few" production strategy, which aimed to keep each model's desirability and value high. However, the overwhelming demand for the car has led to lengthy wait times and dealer markups, surpassing Toyota's predictions.

To address this, Toyota has announced plans to increase production volume in 2023 and extend the Circuit Edition trim beyond its initial exclusivity. This is great news for enthusiasts who have been struggling to get their hands on Toyota's hottest hatch.

Although Toyota has not specified the extent of the production increase, they have revealed that 1,500 Circuit Edition cars will be manufactured in 2023. While the trim is no longer the rare first-year-only option that was originally promised, the limited production number still makes it an appealing option for car enthusiasts. However, this could change in the future, as Toyota is still considering the production of the Circuit Edition model for 2025 and beyond.

For hot hatch fans, this development is a breath of fresh air, as they have been eager to purchase the GR Corolla at its original price. As dealers begin to receive more inventory, it is hoped that they will reduce the markups that have turned the vehicle into a $50,000 or even $60,000 car. Although this may disappoint flippers and speculators, those who want to drive their GR Corollas can look forward to easier access.

izaglo

Reactions
City
stockton
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
1990 Mazda Miata
This is good news, just I have not seen or heard of any for 2023 being released yet. Supposed to close on my Core in a couple weeks and tempted to wait for the CE....but its all so sketchy and probably the most bizarre buying experience I have had trying to get one of these at a normal price..Its insane.

Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
I agree this is really great news.