Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

Screwed By Castlegar Toyota in BC Canada

MR2Super

Reactions
City
Montrose
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
1988 MR2 Supercharged
I was the first to place a deposit on a the GR Corolla at Castlegar Toyota on April 1, 22 and was assured by the sales person that they do not mark up over MSRP.

I initiated contact several times with the salesperson over the next 8 months but they had little or no info. She she did mention in one conversation that their policy is to allow the highest on the list to have first right of refusal on the model they are after even if it isn't the exact spec. they wanted. In early December indicated that I would prefer to get a Circuit Edition although she provided a written quote at MSRP for a core in either White or Red.

After not hearing anything from them in months, (they were effectively ghosting me) I again contacted her in mid February to enquire if they had ordered cars and if they had gotten an allocation. She indicated they had ordered cars but would have to get her manager to contact Toyota and get back to me regarding allocations. More than two weeks passed without hearing from them.

I finally called the sales manager on March 8th 2023 who informed me that cars were on the way but had been sold to others despite my place as number 1 on the list. His pretext was that the car coming was a different colour and spec than what I had wanted. I told him I would accept the first car since the Circuit Edition was so limited they were unlikely to receive one. He refused to honor my place at the top of the list. I withdrew my deposit after finding out that they wouldn't sell me the second car either. I am fuming mad but don't believe I have recourse.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Sorry to hear man, dealers like this is the reason why people prefer buying directly from manufacturers.