Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

Some cool facts about the 2023 GR Corolla

Reactions
City
Amherst
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Been doing a lot of reading on the GR Corolla this weekend and here are some cool facts I've gathered.

Feel free to add if you guys find anything else.
  • The wheels are produced by Enkei Corporation.
  • It's build on the GA-C platform which is shared by the Toyota Prius and Lexus UX.
  • The rear hatch area is 2.4" wider than a normal Corolla hatch.
  • It's 1.5" longer than a normal Corolla hatch.
  • Shares the same 1.6-liter three cylinder engine found in the Yaris GR.
  • The battery was moved to the rear to provide better weight distribution.
  • There's an option for heated steering wheel and seats.
  • It has a manual parking brake instead of an electronic one.
  • The front head lamps are unique to the GR Corolla, not found on other Corolla models.
  • The launch edition (Circuit Edition) will have a "Morizo" (Akio Toyoda's racing name) engraving on the shift knob.
  • It has Toyota's iMT - automatic rev-matching which can be enabled or disabled.
  • It will be offered in two trims, Core (standard) and Circuit (limited edition).
  • It's 1.6L, 3-cylinder direct/port injected turbo engine delivers 300 hp and 273 pound-feet of torque.
MY23_GR-Corolla_Core_01-scaled.jpg MY23_GR-Corolla_Core_02-scaled.jpg MY23_GR-Corolla_Core_03-scaled.jpg MY23_GR-Corolla_Core_04-scaled.jpg MY23_GR-Corolla_Core_05-scaled.jpg MY23_GR-Corolla_Core_06-scaled.jpg MY23_GR-Corolla_Core_07-scaled.jpg MY23_GR-Corolla_Core_08-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions
City
San Jose
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Great list

Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
  • GR Corolla only weighs 99 pounds more than a fully loaded Corolla XSE Apex Edition.
  • To handle the rigors of racing and high-performance driving, the body was stiffened and more weld points were used.
  • The GR uses the same basic front strut and rear multilink suspension as the standard Corolla, but it is fortified with track-tuned springs, shock absorbers, and stabilizer bars.
  • The Circuit Edition features suede-trimmed seats with red accents, and it adds red trim details to the door handles, center console, steering wheel, and side air vents.
  • It comes with automatic climate control, one-touch up/down power windows, and heated seats and steering wheel.
  • The GR Corolla uses a version of the engine used in the GR Yaris in other markets, the turbocharged G16E-GTS. It is a small engine, with just 1.6 liters of displacement from a three-cylinder block. But motorsports-honed techniques squeeze 300 horsepower from it.
  • There is no automatic transmission offered.
  • The GR Corolla also includes blind spot warning, lane departure warning, lane keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, and rear cross traffic warning. The rear seat reminder is door activated; if the rear door is opened within 10 minutes of a trip, the driver will be reminded to check the back seat when the car is turned off.
  • The GR Corolla comes with a one-year trial subscription to Toyota Safety Connect, a telematics service that can summon emergency assistance automatically or at the press of a button, and serve as a stolen vehicle locator.

Reactions
City
Amherst
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Good stuff rooSTer

Red Ryder

Reactions
City
Jonesboro
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Tesla Model 3 / GR Corolla Core
Some good info from this video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACxNuAPyws0

• 349 new welds were added to the GR Corolla to make the chassis stiffer.
  • 2.7 meters of structural adhesive were added.
  • Curb weight is 3249 lbs.
  • The wing on the Circuit Edition is still a prototype, the final design may change.
  • The pistons on the GR Corolla is slightly stronger than the GR Yaris.
  • The center exhaust pipe was added for better airflow over the GR Yaris.
  • The center valve is always open at idle.
  • The underside of the GR Corolla is mostly flat to reduce lift.
The underside of the GR Corolla is mostly flat.png
GR Corolla exhaust.png